Thursday, January 24, 2008

Scardey Cat

I'm worried about the boys. They seemed fine when I went to work this morning but Chris texted me during the day that Cobalt wouldn't even come near him. Now Cobalt has always been shy, but he's started warming up to us. We can't approach him, but he'll approach us. Tonight, he won't come anywhere near us. It's so weird. It's like we're back at square one. He is so skiddish. Just a minute ago we gave them their night time feeding and Cobalt is always the HUGE eater, but I was sitting by the dish petting Wrigley, and Cobalt wouldn't even come close to us. It's so strange.

Then this morning before I left, I picked up Wrigley and his bottom was wet. I picked up his tail and could immediately tell that it was urine. In the process he got some on my arm and I noticed there was some poop as well. I got a kleenex and wiped his butt, and saw that there was some blood. Not much, but it still worried me. I checked the boxes and didn't see anything worrisome, but I'm still a little nervous.

I know both of these things are probably nothing, but after what happened with Zeus, it's hard to let anything go unnoticed. Thankfully, they have their first kitten checkup with our vet tomorrow so I'll mention something then and see what they say. We'll see how they act as the night goes on.

Thanks again for all of your warm welcomes, after Chris and I eat dinner, I'll continue to check out all of your blogs and reply back! We have had SO many visitors!! And I'll even try to make a picture post too, because that first picture, doesn't do their cuteness any justice!! Of course, I may be a little biased. :-P

18 comments:

Donny and Marie and Casey said...

We are worried, but we are hopeful that it is nothing, coz we still have our "moody" times when we like to be free. Also (how embarrassing!) I've had blood on my poop once or twice in a row and daddy took me to the vet and it turned out that maybe I was straining a bit too hard down there.....

We will purr for you Cobalt and Wrigley!

~Marie

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Zippy's been here fur 10 years and still has days when she wants nothing to do with mom and dad. And sometimes when we were kittens, and even older (Speedy) we haf some bathroom issues...but definitely ask da vet about it. Better safe den sorry!

Zoe and Indy said...

Oh poor little guy. We're sure he'll be ok. Smudge says maybe its worms like he had, the vet will know. I used to run away from my people and it made them sad. It took a little while but now I let them pick me up and even cuddle me sometimes too. We'll be back soon to see how the kitties are doing.
-Zoe

Mr. Hendrix said...

aw, poor little babies. maybe he senses that wrigley doesn't feel good. i'm sure the VET will take care of them very well.
we'll send big healthy purrs their way that the vet trip is a success.

Angel MoMo and Charlotte said...

Sure hope that it is nothing important. I ignore my SS on some days and I have been around furrever, well, 8 years. I send my purrrrrrrs for your well being.

Meowers from Missouri said...

ooooo, noes! poor li'l wrigley--we hopes the vet makes you feel better quick. it could be the wormies, like smudgie sez. maybe cobalt knows that his brofur isn't feelin' good--or maybe HE's startin' to not feel good--so maybe the vet better TRIPLE-check him. you has good pet parents acause they're taking you for babycat checkups!! we will purrrrr an' purrray for "all better soon!", guys.

best fishes, the meowers

The Devil Dog said...

Mom says there is nothing worse than being worried about your pet (unless she is worried about the boy). I know, I was sick in December and mom was really stressed. We hope the vet will clear Wrigley and Cobalt. (We came over from Beezer's). Welcome to the blogosphere.

Roxy Dragon Pebbles & Lucky

Milton said...

Oh, my!
I hope it isn't anything bad.
I have the same problem when I was little, but I out grew it. I hope its the same with you.
Maybe you can ask the vet what food would be best. The vet told me to eat a different food and that helped a lot.

Ooooo more pictures!

Artsy Catsy said...

Oh, poor little Wrigley! We'll be sending healing purrs and hopes that the vet says it's nothing serious.

Purrrrrs,
Rocky
& everybody at Artsy Catsy

Kimo and Sabi said...

We hopes everything is Okie dokey.

Kaz's Cats said...

Hi Wrigley & Cobalt, Our mum doesn't have experience with really small kittens, but there are some really smart suggestions in the comments here already about what might be wrong. Hopefully your vet will be able to help you guys out and make you both feel better.

Healing Purrs from Gypsy & Tasha

Anonymous said...

Hey there, been keeping an eye on your blog! :) I should make one for my girls.

It could be worms, or perhaps straining when pooping. The vet will check them out and you'll know what to do about it. If you can, get a stool sample and a urine sample for each of the boys to take in with you. They can run tests on it to get a definite answer.

As for the boy who shies away, don't worry. It took Jezebel MONTHS before she'd willingly come to us. She really wanted nothing to do with us at first, and now she is alway up in our faces! They're still learning to trust you, for some kitties it takes a little longer than others.

The Crew said...

Definitely mention everything to your VET. Keep us posted.

MEStaton said...

Hey don't worry about the kits, maybe they aren't feeling well..maybe its the food. We were told that we might poo a little blood from all the stress of being taken from our kitty mom and then moving to a new home and finding out about the world. And we did a little but we're fine. Good luck at the Doctor!

Caesar can be a bit offish with Mamma sometimes, he's just moody maybe you are too.

Tybalt said...

Poor Cobalt . . . I'm glad you are taking him to the vet, it is better to be safe than sorry!

Maybe he just needs some extra time to adjust.

Daisy said...

I hope Cobalt and Wrigley are okay! I am glad you already had an appointment set for them tomorrow so you can ask about it then. It is hard to be worried about your little kits.

Mickey's Musings said...

Good thing you have a check up with the vet ;)
Little kitties are so new,it will take a while for them to realize what the routine is. They will settle down sooner or later. Then,they will ignore you until THEY want something. Hahaha
Purrs Mickey

Unknown said...

Hai I is worriz...me has never wet my bottoms except when mai mum wash me and me is scares...I is praying for you kittehs.